About the Richest Person in India:
- Mukesh Ambani is an Indian billionaire, business magnate and the Richest Person in India. Undertaking his father, Dhirubhai’s Reliance Industries Limited, he serves to be the Best business person in India and has the largest share in the company.
- Mukesh Dhirubhai Ambani was born on 19 April 1957 in Yemen to Dhirubhai Ambani. Having the idea to start species & yarn trade, Dhirubhai family shifted to India in 1958. They lived in a 2-bedroom apartment in Mumbai until 1970s.
- Mukesh Ambani graduated as a Chemical Engineer from Institute of Chemical Technology. Stepping forward to earn an MBA from Stansford University, he applied for so. The times where at which his father Dhirubhai started Reliance and trying to cope up for the profit. Dhirubhai pulled back Mukesh to work in the company’s integration process.
- Mukesh, on his father’s words, pulled him out of MBA & joined Reliance in 1980, as a 23-year old boy. He has to report daily to Rasikbhai Meswani, the then Executive director & his relative.
- Dhirubhai’s attack of stroke in 1986, left behind the company and the over-taking responsibility to Mukesh Ambani and his younger brother Anil Ambani. Mukesh Ambani started Reliance Communications LTD., and was given charge of constructing Patalganga petrochemical plant during the times, where the company was focusing on investing in oil refinery and petrochemicals.
- At the dismissal of Dhirubhai in 6th July 2002 due to stroke, clashes loomed between the brothers Mukesh & Anil. Later, tribunal left Mukesh with Reliance Industries Limited & Indian Petrochemicals Corporation Limited in 2005.
- Days went by and in 2010, Mukesh Ambani led the establishment of world’s largest grassroot petroleum refinery at Jamnagar, India that could produce 1.24 million barrels of oil/day. This move ceded him nearly 7 awards in the year.
- In 2013, he announced that he would join hands with Bharti Airtel to launch 4G network services. Later in 2016, Reliance kicked out Jio, telecom company with deluge of providing “free and unlimited offers”, that vexed other telecoms in the country.
- While many hailed Mukesh Ambani’s vision of a truly Digital India, some even jeered at him. Given Reliance’s track record in telecom, many believed that Jio was just an ego exercise for Ambani, and its hype would fizzle out as soon as it started charging its customers. But when Jio announced its first pay on July 2017, it accumulated a lump of 72 millions out of 108 million jio users, at the first move, as its prime-paid customers. It had also become the world’s fastest growing telecom network. At present, Jio has 338 million subscribers.
- Mukesh Ambani coupled with Nita Ambani in 1985 and they have two sons and a daughter. They all reside in the world-known Antilia building, Mumbai.
- In 2007, Ambani gifted his wife a $60 million Airbus A319 for her 44th birthday. The airbus, which has a capacity of 180 passengers, has been custom-fitted to include a living room, bedroom, satellite television, WiFi, sky bar, Jacuzzi, and an office.
- Mukesh would credits success to his professors in college, William F.Sharpe & Man Mohan Sharma who taught him, “Think Out of the Box”.
Antilia is Ambani’s private home resided in Mumbai, India and is considered the world’s largest and the expensive private home in the world, costing about $2.2 Billion (as of May 2020). The home is built in 400,000 square feet and has 27 stories. Antilia has car-lots that can park 168 vehicles, car-service station and three helipads at the roof. Getting out of parking, has 9 elevators, climbing it, a gym, pool, dance studio, a yoga studio, ballroom, 50-seats movie theatre and a snow-room fitted with a snow-generator, that would feel you as in Antarctic, even being surrounded in >400C city. Lots are in the home, view it here!
- Mukesh Ambani is quite interested in recreational activities like sports and own Mumbai Indians Team in Indian Premier League (IPL). He also spent his teens and young ages watching Bollywood movies, 3 movies / week, saying
“You need some amount of escapism in life”
- He is the Richest Person in Asia from July 2018 to April 2020 and the Richest in India for 10 consecutive years. Even while the country experienced the worst face of economy during the corona-crisis, that had ever for 30 years, Ambani’s company is the only one to drove in a pool of foreign investors and checked them with profit in the country.